Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Few words about "Explain me human rights"

"Explain me human rights" - this is a new project organised by Association of Active People with 4 partner organizations from Italy, Bulgaria, Lithuania and Czech Republik. Below you can find desribtion of our project.

“Tell me, and I will forget. Show me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I will understand” (Confucius).

Nowadays we hear a lot about the persecution, political prisoners, hunger, conflicts and terrorism. Media shows us many examples of discrimination or inequity. In the modern word sometimes people forget about basic rights – human rights. The rights and freedoms belong to every person in the world, from birth until death. They apply regardless of where you are from, what you believe or how you choose to live your life. But what does it really mean? What are exactly my human rights?
Do I have to protect the rights? Do I need to fight for them?

We are happy to present you the project “Explain me human rights”. The project is dedicated to young people in age of 18-23. Our project is based on non-formal education methods: games, workshops, simulations. Through all activities we want to discover what exactly human rights are, where human rights come from and how our rights are protected. We would like to organize small exhibition “Our human rights” during which we will present results of our project. Thanks to the project young people will gain new knowledge and skills on human rights and antidiscrimination activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment